Representatives from all sides of the insurance industry
discuss the implications of the DOL fiduciary rule.
As we look towards 2017 and the implementation of the Department of Labor’s fiduciary standard rule, many questions remain. Though the uK and Australia have been operating under similar rules for several years,
there is no clear indication of what such regulations will do to
the retirement advisors and insurance sales professionals in
the u.S. To get insight on the issue, we interviewed repre-
sentatives from all sides of the industry, including: carrier,
IMO, agent, legal and, of course, NAFA.
Participants in the discussion included:
• Chip Anderson, executive director at NAFA
• Chris Johnson, senior vice president, chief marketing officer at National Western Life
• Pam Heinrich, general legal counsel for NAFA
• Bob Phillips, managing director and founder of Alternative Brokerage
• Marvin Mitchell, financial advisor, president and CEO at Compass Retirement Solutions
By Warren S. Hersch and Emily Holbrook